Global location numbers
What is a GLN?
A GLN is a numeric identifier assigned to physical locations and legal entities. GLN is a key data element in electronic trading and in the publication of price information to NSW Health through the National Product Catalogue.
There are a number of GLN types as listed below:
the information recipient GLN for NSW Health is 9377778602936
physical sites where products may be delivered direct by Suppliers
business addresses where invoices may be forwarded for processing
legal entities where specific commodity prices may be as assigned
What are the NSW Health GLN range of numbers?
The following numbers are assigned to NSW Health:
- 9377778602936 - Trading Partner Identifier for NSW Health
- 9329537 - Global Company prefix allocated to NSW Health in 2000
- 9348516 - Global Company prefix allocated to HealthShare NSW from 2014 onwards
The following number blocks are allocated for the purposes listed:
- 9348516-00001 to 9348516-10000 - In use by NSW Health Pharmacy Departments as Global Trade Item Numbers also known GTIN for Locally Manufactured Products
- 9348516-10001 to 9348516-99999 - In use for NSW Health locations including “Ship-to [Price]”, “Deliver-to” and “Bill-to” locations.
The NSW Health Price GLN Hierarchy
The Price Hierarchy for NSW Health is two tiered as follows:
|1. Whole-of- state|
|2. Public Health Organisations (PHO)|
Key price GLN considerations
All prices assigned to any GLN and published to the NPC for NSW Health ‘must' indicate the price expiry end date. This requirement is applicable for both contract and list prices.
To ensure ongoing data currency and accuracy, the NSW Health system has been configured to:
- Disable processing of Items that do not indicate price expiry end date; and
- Disable processing of prices classified as “transactional”, as such price type includes freight and handling charges.
Publication of NSW Health GLN in GS1 Locatenet
NSW Health Price GLN are published to trading partners through GS1 Locatenet. Locatenet is a national directory of Healthcare GLN endorsed by all state and territory health departments. For more information please go to www.gs1au.org/our-services/locatenet.
Price GLN and visibility of prices
- Prices (of commodities) published to NSW Health through the National Product Catalogue are processed in accordance with price assignments based on the Price-GLN hierarchy.
- Within the NSW Health State Based Oracle system, although the purchase-ability of items is restricted based on Price-GLN assignments, such prices although not purchasable by others, are visible to NSW Health Oracle system users within the state.
Ensuring GLN currency of information
It is highly recommended that NSW Health Price GLN information is accessed via Locatenet instead of obtaining information by phone, email or by any other means. This ensures up-to-date information from the correct source.
Note that other types of GLN like Deliver-to and Bill-to are not yet published in Locatenet, due to an ongoing cleansing process.
For more information about NSW Health GLN please contact:
For more information about Locatenet please contact:
GS1 Australia Quality Services
Phone: 1300 227 263
- Back to Catalogue Management