NSW privacy laws will apply to any information (whether personal or personal health information) which HealthShare NSW collects from individuals when they use our websites.
Sometimes there are links to websites outside of HealthShare NSW and you should be aware HealthShare NSW has no control over the privacy policies that apply to those sites.
Information we collect
When you look through our websites, we automatically record information such as:
- Information about your device. One example, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer used to access the page
- Date and time of your visit to the site
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Previous site visited
- Type of browser (two examples are Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) and the operating system (for example the version of Windows or macOS for Apple) you have used.
How do we use and share the information collected?
HealthShare NSW uses the information to see how our websites are used. We use this information to improve the sites and the services they provide to both the public and our staff.
We will only publish information that identifies you with your permission or if we can do so under the NSW privacy laws.
Some examples of when we may use or share your information are:
- Where law enforcement agencies have legal rights under the law or by court order to access our data
- Where our website is being tampered with or where there is a risk of a security breach to HealthShare NSW or other NSW Health agencies
- Where there is a serious and imminent threat to health or welfare or staff may be at risk
- Where information relating to an offence which may or may not be committed is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency to perform its functions.
Is the information stored securely?
HealthShare NSW stores the information in a secure format.
We will update this policy from time to time if we change the way we do things and it impacts on our privacy obligations or if the privacy laws change.
Your right to access information, questions or complaints
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1770
Chatswood NSW 2057